Bio: Lisa Shannon is passionate about creating workplaces where people thrive. With over two decades of experience managing high-growth training, assessment and leadership development product portfolios and teams, Lisa brings a real-world track record of tackling complex, difficult challenges to her coaching practice.
Before launching her own consulting and coaching practice, Lisa held various marketing, editorial, sales, and executive leadership positions with several highly respected book and training materials publishers including HarperCollins, Jossey-Bass, Pfeiffer, and Wiley. Lisa’s talent management experience includes:
• hiring and onboarding seasoned professionals as well as entry-level staff,
• assembling and motivating high-performance teams,
• managing other managers as well as individual contributors, and
• collaborating with cross-function colleagues and actively contributing on an executive team
As one of her long-time direct reports observed, “I can’t say enough good things about my experience working with Lisa. She’s simply a fantastic leader who applies the right mix of praise, guidance and tough love in all situations… She simply cares, about people and her work.”
An instigator and leader of several high-profile acquisitions and growth initiatives within Wiley’s talent development and assessment business line, Lisa worked closely with many high-profile brands and authors including:
• The Leadership Challenge® (Jim Kouzes and Barry Posner),
• The Five Dysfunctions of a Team® (Pat Lencioni), and
• Everything DiSC®.
In 1996, Lisa began architecting the development of The Leadership Challenge into a robust, high growth brand. She led the initiative to transition the Leadership Practices Inventory® to a web-based assessment. She worked side-by-side Jim Kouzes and Barry Posner on several new books, new editions and product innovations.