Strategy #6: Show You Care. Positive emotions fuel optimism and hope. That's why telling positive stories contributes to people feeling more capable during times of difficulty.
- How can I make sure that people on my team know that I care about them?
- What can I do to maintain face-to-face interactions and conversations with people?
- How do I communicate my belief that the people I am working with are winners?
- How can I share the sacrifices that people may be, or are being, called on to make?
- What positive steps have already been taken and how can I communicate those to others?
- What can I do daily to demonstrate a positive and hopeful outlook?
- Who has done something that has made a positive difference, and how can I tell their story to others?
- What can I do to recognize the positive contributions that are being made?
- How can I keep myself and others enthused about the work that we're doing?
- How can I be certain to say “thank you” more frequently?
Copyright © 2014. Based on James M. Kouzes and Barry Z. Posner, Turning Adversity Into Opportunity. San Francisco: The Leadership Challenge, A Wiley Brand. (2014)