Immensely practical and hands-on, The Leadership Challenge® Workshop is designed to inspire, engage, and help your leaders develop the skills needed to meet whatever leadership challenges lay ahead. The core curriculum is structured around seven components, including five independent modules that focus specifically on each of The Five Practices of Exemplary Leadership®. Each module describes the practice, reviews the Leadership Practices Inventory (LPI) items related to that practice, and ends with techniques that asks participants to reflect on how to apply what they’ve have learned to a current leadership challenge of their own. With a plan of action in-hand for taking the key learnings from the workshop back to the workplace, leaders will be prepared to implement these new leadership practices back on the job, beginning Day 1.
What attendees will receive
- A unique and highly interactive two-day program that focuses on The Five Practices of Exemplary Leadership®, developed from the original and proven research of bestselling authors Jim Kouzes and Barry Posner
- The Leadership Challenge Participant's Package: a Participant Workbook, Practice Book, Vision Book, Values Cards, TLC Card and The Leadership Challenge (5th Edition) book.
- The Leadership Practices Inventory Online 360 Assessment: includes LPI Self and unlimited LPI Observers (direct reports, manager, co-workers, etc.). Participants receive confidential feedback relating to the frequency of their use of The Five Practices.
- Other standard program materials and takeaways.
- Experiential activities (indoor)
- A truly memorable experience, with lessons that stick
What you’ll take away
The assessment products and development tools, group activities and individual exercises used in The Leadership Challenge® Workshop are all designed to help aspiring and accomplished leaders alike achieve their personal best and improve their effectiveness in a leadership role. Upon completing the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Identify the frequency of their personal leadership behaviors—as measured by the Leadership Practices Inventory and proven to enhance the effectiveness of leaders
- Clarify and communicate their fundamental values and beliefs
- Set the example for others by aligning their actions with shared values
- Express their image of the future
- Inspire others to share a common vision
- Search for opportunities to change and improve
- Experiment with innovative ideas and learn from accompanying mistakes
- Build collaboration, teamwork, and trust
- Strengthen the ability of others to excel
- Recognize the accomplishments of others
- Apply the lessons learned in the workshop to a current organizational challenge